SPINLAB SEEKS SENIOR PUBLICIST
Role: Senior Publicist – Full Time
Company: SpinLab Communications
Location: Los Angeles (open to remote for the right candidate)
SpinLab Communications is a full-service public relations firm that utilizes traditional and emerging methods of communicating ideas to build brands in the music and media space. Past and present clients include Pandora, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, Playboy Enterprises, SoundExchange, Sofar Sounds, SONGS Music Publishing, Live Nation, Create Music Group, Ingrooves Distribution and more.
About the Role
SpinLab Communications is seeking a Senior Publicist to lead campaigns and manage client relationships. We are looking for a highly creative, energetic person who is passionate about developing and executing storylines that advance our clients’ businesses. We are looking for a motivated go-getter with a network in the communications space, someone who will thrive playing a lead role on an intimate team. This person should have between 5 to 9 years of corporate communications/PR experience – either in-house or agency side.
Core Job Tasks:
- Lead client campaigns from beginning to end including ideation, pitching, execution, and reporting.
- Understand the media landscape and consult clients on strategic PR initiatives to grow their brand and tell their story.
- Diligently manage client campaigns and relations with top executives including on-site representation at major events and press junkets.
- Maintain close ties with key journalists and programmers to secure media placement for clients.
- Collaborate with internal team to handle brand positioning campaigns.
- Work closely with leading executives and prep them for interviews and speaking engagements.
- Creative ideation on campaign ideas and storylines.
- Draft and disseminate press releases, media advisories, and client bios and communications materials.
- Manage client’s media itineraries and calendars.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Proven track record in pitching and securing placements at all levels of media
- Established network of media relationships
- Strong writing skills
- Event PR experience
- Understanding of the entertainment industry and landscape
- Passion for growing a small business and delivering great work to clients
- 5-9 years corporate communications or PR experience
- Degree in communications, PR, marketing or equivalent
- Love of music a plus
- Account management experience a plus
- Opportunity to work closely with veteran music publicists
- Opportunity to lead projects from beginning to end
- Flexibility, opportunity to work from home 1 day per week if preferred
- Opportunity to develop close ties with top executives at client companies
- Travel opportunities to represent clients at major events and press junkets
To apply please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.